Party next week...creating a cocktail

Next Saturday, we are having a birthday party for a dear friend of ours that is turning 40...she actually turned 40 yesterday, but this weekend is Easter, so everyone had too much to do to schedule it this weekend.

The gal's name is Suzanne and she currently works for the State Dept. She made up the guest list and my and my pastor's wife, whom I refer to as Saint Cheryl of Shirlington.  It's going to be about 35 to 45 people...the largest party I have ever thrown.

I am going to do a signature cocktail that is based on her with her experiences.  She's fluent in Russian, and spent nearly a year in the former Soviet republic Tajikistan...so of course I am calling it the Suzann-istan.



I bought 1.5 liters of 100 proof vodka and placed it in 2 Mason jars, I added dried apricots and 1/2 a vanilla bean, and closed them and set them in a window sill, they are a light orange color right now so something is infusing.

I read where pomegranates are a big crop in Tajikistan, as well as apricots and Persimmons.  I looked in several Asian markets as well as all the big supermarkets, and I couldn't find any persimmons...must not be persimmon season.

I got some Pomegranate juice, and it's really strong so I can thin it down with sparkling water. I figure the cockail will look something like this:

2 oz Pomegranate juice
1 1/2 oz 100 Proof vodka, infused with apricots and a vanilla bean
3/4 oz triple sec
1/2 oz lemon juice
2 oz sparkling water

I am going to make this in a large batch and serve it in a big glass drink dispenser.

I will tweak it, but I think this will be about it.

S'all for now

Cheers,
Clark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overnight Oats - Lighter 5:2 Version

Clark’s Turkey Bolognese Sauce in the Multicooker

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Stew